The car was moving forward at high speed, but suddenly found that the brake didn’t work. At this time, don’t panic. Don’t take it for granted to jerk the handbrake as soon as you reach out, because the handbrake generally acts on the rear axle. At high speed, even if you pull the brake pad red, it won’t work, but it will make the car shake the tail of Brakes Fail .
The correct approach is Brakes Fail :
1. Control the direction according to the road conditions and vehicle speed, disengage the high-speed gear, quickly blow a foot of empty oil, and shift the high-speed gear into the low-speed gear. In this way, the engine will have great traction resistance and reduce the speed rapidly. In addition, when shifting to low gear, the hand brake shall be used in combination, but it shall be noted that the hand brake shall not be tightened or pulled too slowly. If it is pulled too tightly, it is easy to “lock” the brake disc, which is likely to damage the transmission parts and lose the braking capacity; If it is pulled too slowly, the brake disc will be worn and ablated and lose the braking effect.
2. Use the bumper, carriage and other rigid parts of the car to rub and collide with the natural obstacles (rocks, trees or soil slopes) on the roadside, so as to achieve the purpose of forced parking and escape, and reduce the accident loss as much as possible.
3. In case of brake failure when going uphill, reduce to medium and low gear in time to maintain sufficient power to drive up the slope top and stop. If it is necessary to stop on a half slope, keep the forward low gear, tighten the hand brake, and the accompanying personnel shall timely block the wheels with stones, skids, etc. In case of rear sliding, the rear of the vehicle shall face the hillside or safe side, and turn on the headlights and emergency signal lights to attract the attention of front and rear vehicles. Answer supplement
4. When the downhill brake fails and the vehicle’s own mechanism cannot be used to control the speed, the driver should decisively use natural obstacles, such as rocks and trees along the road, to cause resistance to the vehicle. If you can’t find suitable terrain and objects for use at the moment, in an emergency, close one side of the car body to the mountain side to increase resistance and gradually reduce the speed.
5. When the vehicle goes down a long slope or steep slope, it should step on the brake whether there is any condition or not. It can not only test the brake performance, but also win the time to control the speed when the brake fails, also known as predictive braking.
Eight dead and three wounded! Anhui Buried Hill minibus collides with a large truck
No longer afraid of big blind spots! Mercedes Benz active safety upgrade again
8 dead and 8 injured a bus collided with a heavy dump truck in Anhui
2 dead car owners and maintenance workers cut empty cans, resulting in truck explosion
Is it reasonable to turn right and stop? Many areas began to investigate!