How to deal with the car oil leakage? The majority of drivers sometimes feel at a loss in the face of oil leakage. What’s the matter with the car oil leak?
As one of the common faults, vehicle oil leakage fault is often listed as an important standard and content to assess the quality of automobile assembly and repair, as well as the driver’s car protection.
Measures to prevent vehicle oil leakage
- Pay attention to the function of cushion. The gasket between the parts of the automobile standing position plays the role of leak proof and sealing. If the material, manufacturing quality and installation do not meet the technical specifications, it will not play the role of sealing and leakage prevention, and even accidents. For example, the oil pan or valve cover is not easy to be compacted due to large contact area, resulting in oil leakage.
- All kinds of fastening nuts on the vehicle should be tightened according to the specified torque. If the gasket is too loose or not tight, it will leak; If it is too tight, the metal around the screw hole will be raised or the screw thread will be turned off, causing oil leakage. In addition, if the oil drain plug of oil pan is not tightened or loose, it is easy to cause oil loss, and then the engine damage accident of “burning tile and holding shaft” occurs.
- Replace the failed oil seal in time. Many moving parts of the car will throw oil due to improper installation, misalignment between the journal and the edge of the oil seal, and deflection. Some oil seals will lose elasticity due to rubber aging if they are used too long. If leakage is found, it should be updated in time.
- Avoid blocking the check valve and vent valve. As a result, the temperature in the tank increases, the oil and gas fill the whole space and cannot be discharged, the pressure in the tank increases, the consumption of lubricating oil increases and the replacement period shortens. After the engine ventilation system is blocked, the movement resistance of the piston is increased and the fuel consumption is increased. Due to the effect of the air pressure difference inside and outside the box shell, oil leakage often occurs at the weak part of the seal. Therefore, it is necessary to inspect, dredge and clean the vehicles regularly.
- Properly solve all kinds of tubing joint sealing. The automobile union nut is often disassembled, which is easy to slide, break and loosen, and cause oil leakage. Replace the union nut, and use the grinding method to solve its cone sealing, so that the nut is compressed to solve the sealing problem.
- Avoid hub oil spilling. There is too much grease in the hub bearing and cavity, or the oil package is not matched properly, with poor quality and aging failure; The wheel hub temperature is too high due to frequent braking; Looseness of axle nut will cause hub oil rejection. Therefore, the “cavity lubrication method” should be used to dredge the air vent.
Can the car still drive with oil leakage?
Oil leakage fault often occurs in the use of vehicles. Oil leakage not only directly affects the technical performance of vehicles, leads to the waste of lubricating oil and fuel, consumes power, but also affects the clean appearance of vehicles and causes environmental pollution.
In the face of oil leakage, there are great hidden dangers in the car, which may lead to accidents, or reduce the life and durability of the car.
Therefore, when the car is in the state of oil leakage, we should find the problem as soon as possible and deal with the problem of oil leakage in time.