Automatic adjusting arm, generally refers to “brake gap adjustment arm” or “automatic gap adjustment arm”, can automatically and timely adjust the gap increased by wear, so that the brake gap is always maintained within the design safety range, the main functions are as follows :
1. Ensure that the wheels have a constant brake clearance, when braking the brakes are safe and reliable;
2. The stroke of the push rod of the brake cylinder is short, and the braking is fast and reliable;
3. Make the braking effect of all wheels consistent and stable;
4. Reduce the consumption of compressed air and extend the life of the air compressor, brake booster and other components in the compressed air system;
5. Reduce material consumption and extend the service life of brake components;
Analysis of common failures and causes:
Large brake clearances lead to poor braking, abnormal brake or brake linings return causes the hub to heat up, brake drums or poor quality brake pads cause wheels to lock, etc.
In case of this situation, check the brake system in time, replace the automatic adjustment arm or replace the brake drum and brake pads to ensure driving safety.